Thursday, August 9, 2012

lou the lounging lion of love



I am working on a lot of new stuff for ariel's album - we have decided to make a 12 page booklet of art, and that is a lot of content.  so i have been working like a dog to get things going.  She suggested having each page reference one of her songs as there are 12 pages and 12 songs on the album.  This one is for the song called 'the lion'.  What do you think of all of the orange?  i must know!  Please let loose any other constructive criticism. 

here is a detail of his dashing whiskers!


2 comments:

  1. Dashing is right, he is a handsome little devil, made handsomer only by his exquisite whisker closeup.
    I like the orange, but I must admit I like the white ion better for some reason, and I think the reason is that some of the detail gtes lost in the orange body. Also because the grass is so busy I think I like the plainness of the white.
    Hooray for you and your 12 pg booklet!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, there is so much to post.
    i agree with the flatness of the orange causing everything to get lost. i was thinking of adding in more painstaking but beautiful white line fur details. that might make the orange fly, but will it ever top the beautiful simplicity of the paper white? perhaps no. i will definitely post more tomorrow. there is lots to show.
    weeee

    ReplyDelete