Wednesday, April 18, 2012

mail out and leave behind post/business card

Hi guys
I am putting together 4 different post cards (4 x6 inchs)  that i will be able to use as a business cards or to send out to whomever and i wanted 4 different ones that show the different sides of what i do. the back would be just text in these fancy and elegant fonts that i sought out.   here are the three that i am feeling will work...



so i guess my question is what to add for the 4th image.  I wanted to show the more playful and easy going side, like a collage or a drawing but it just doesn't seem clear at this point.  any thoughts from what i've been posting over the past few weeks?  i know that this blog has been a good place to ask these questions so please post me your thoughts.  I would be ever-so-grateful!

6 comments:

  1. ok - LOVE these - the fist one especially -
    i fully agree that you need one of your more illustrative images... off the top of my head I foggily remember a VERY nice cloud spilling out cool lines like rain only from the top edge. That is one of my fave drawings of yours. I also really like the drawing with the title Houses on this blog. I think that the ones where you combine your drawings and your photo images are your coolest things (like the ones of Ariel with the waves)
    Is this helpful?? Also, on a collage front, I think my favourite one is still the aerial view of the water/trees with the horizon on top. i know it isn't a drawing but it is s super nice. Also, I really like one you did a little while ago with the pirate ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kate! I was heavily considering the pirate ship collage image, or the ariel in the wave drawing/ photo. kind of on the fence about which one. i appreciate your insights!

      Delete
  2. if it's between the 2 i would say the ariel one, i think it's stronger and shows your illustrative side more, which i think is appealing

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. you are right. im re-opening that one now and seeing what i need to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ones Kate has mentioned and add the one of Ariel and the waves...any one you choose will be good, they are all strong images. An unsolicited comment on the text....I find all caps hard to read, not for the name, that's fine, but for the email and the website...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did end up going with the ariel in the waves and have sent them away before reading your print comment. i hadn't considered that it is difficult to read. it will be larger than you see it on the screen. hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete