Saturday, November 3, 2012

Very Excited

After watching a video online about laser copy transfers using gel medium I bout some gel medium, I reversed this image on the computer and printed paper then transferred it on canvas. I couldn't be happier with the result! Apparently I can transfer laser, newsprint and even magazine images onto almost any surfaces with this technique! PS. Inkjet prints apparently don't work and remember the images will be reversed unless they are reversed on the computer first. Experimentation here I come.

6 comments:

  1. oh this is SO COOL!!!! Can we play on this when I come over on Thursday? It's incredible - I don't fully understand the process but I am thrilled to learn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for sure lets do it. If you have anything you like me to print email it to me or yourself for a day of transferring! There is a lot of water involved in the process so keep this in mind if you have any items you'd like to transfer onto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kind of things can i transfer onto? 3d? 2d? fabric? question mark. crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it would stay on fabric when washed but anything that you can cover in gel, press paper onto, let dry and then wash off (lot of water) so wood, canvas, we could try fabric, I'm not sure if metal and glass would work maybe not enough texture? but maybe it would. What are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like a blast, and your Thursday date is shaping up to be a real informative and adventurous event! excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you come or is it too close to your departure date? Wait is it after you leave? When do you leave, the 10th?

    ReplyDelete